This CONSULAR section deals with Miscellaneous matters related to both Nationals & Non-Nationals of St. Vincent and the Grenadines.



1. Police Record

Persons who have resided in St. Vincent and the Grenadines can request for a copy of their police record.

Police Certificate of Character Requirements and Application

2. Legalisation/Notarisation of Documents

The “legalisation” or “notarisation” of documents can only be performed in St Vincent and the Grenadines by either the Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Registrar in the Court House.  If this is required you should arrange for this to be at the earliest opportunity while the document is in St Vincent and the Grenadines. 

For more information you should contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: +1 784 456 2060

E-mail: or the Registrar: +1 784 457 1220 E-mail:

The SVG High Commission in London has the authority to ‘certify’ Vincentian documents (fee £20 per document).  Tel: +44 (0)20 7460 2588 E-mail:

3. Getting Married in St Vincent and the Grenadines

Persons not usually resident can apply to be married in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. There are two types of marriage licenses (please see information below).  Tourists who wish to marry in St. Vincent and the Grenadines usually apply for the ‘Governor General’s Special Marriage License’.

Getting Married in St Vincent and the Grenadines Requirements

4. Obtaining a Marriage Certificate

Copies of marriage certificates are available by application.

* How to apply for copy of Marriage Certificate
* Application for copy of Marriage Certificate

5. Customs Concession for the Importation of Personal Effects

Concessions and Exemptions - Removal of Goods

6. Importing Plants and Animals

All requests to import Plants and/or Animals should be directed to the Ministry of Agriculture:

Ministry of Agriculture
Richmond Hill
St Vincent & the Grenadines

Tel: +1 784 456 1410 Fax +1 784 457 1688

For Plants – Please write to the Ministry of Agriculture detailing the plants and/or seeds you wish to import into Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

* Cat Import Requirements
* Dog Import Requirements

Argyle International Airport

Direct flights to Saint Vincent and the Grenadines' Argyle International Airport (SVD) from London Heathrow (LHR).

UN Security Council Seat Holder 2020-2021

President - UN Economic & Social Council 2018-2019

Member - UN Security Council 2020-2021

President - Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) 2023

SVG Goverment site
SVG investments
Tourism in SVG

Consulate General for Saint Vincent and The Grenadines

16 Glen Road
Comber (BELFAST), Co. Down
BT23 5EL
Northern Ireland

Get in touch

Copyright © 2017-. Consulate General for St. Vincent and the Grenadines. All Rights Reserved.